On most types of bicycles n’lock can be mounted in less than 5 minutes. While installation is simple, we recommend having it done by a bicycle specialist, to ensure your safety.
Some bicycles with quill-type headsets need an adaptor.
Both 22.2mm and 25.4mm sizes are available.
Please note the number of your key set and keep it on a safe place.
In riding position, the key remains inserted (like on most vehicles) and the safety knob is set forward to 'ride'.
First, turn the safety knob completely to the left (counterclockwise). Do this with your left hand. Only when the knob in completely at the left can, the key can be turned a half turn counterclockwise to the 'park' position. Now the key has to be removed. The handlebar is now n’locked and the bicycle can not be used.
Insert the key with the little point downwards and turn it in a half circle clockwise to the 'ride' position. Now rotate the handlebar to the direction of the wheel. It will snap in automatically when handlebar and front wheel are aligned. Now the safety knob will automatically go into the 'ride' position and face forward. Only when the know faces 'ride', it is safe to ride the bicycle. To ensure that the handlebar is locked, push the knob slightly to the right.
Do not use a high pressure cleaner. No bicycle parts likes it. A wet towel is sufficient for cleaning your n-lock.
Once a year, it is recommended to have all moving parts of the bicycle greased or oiled, including the n’lock.
- The key can not be turned or removed for parking:
- The safety knob is not turned left properly.
- The key can not be removed for riding:
- The key has to remain inserted for riding. It is an additional safety feature to see the key.
- The safety knob does not go into ride position after turning the key into ride position:
- Turn the knob to the left and move the handlebar at the same time. Then release the knob.